Tradie Growth Hack: Turn The Wheel
Tradie Growth Hack: Turn the wheel
What am I even talking about?
Growth hack: Turning the wheel? (I sound like an internet marketing wanker, sorry).
Might be a wanker but I’m not an internet marketing wanker (I don’t think).
I thought it was fun for a minute to pretend to be cool and I do have a point to make.
One of the most important factors in a successful trade business is sticking with something that works. If it works, keep turning your wheel.
Recommended Reading: Trades Business Growth Strategies – How To Increase Your Work Capacity
It’s easy and common not to notice what’s working for you, especially if you don’t have systems in place to measure. And it’s easy to be tempted to try new stuff.
The world’s full of people telling you to buy their thing and it’s brilliant, isn’t it?
Look at me, I’m here doing it with business coaching.
I’m about to say “Business coaching is the thing you should do! Book a call to see if we’re a fit or come to the Tools Down workshop and learn the framework” – all that stuff.
I’m doing the same thing myself.
I know I’m being funny, but one of the things we’ll do if you do talk to me about business coaching is we look at what works, and what doesn’t work and we put some rigor and some structure and systems around what you should be doing vs what you shouldn’t be doing.
We’re looking for what works so we can turn the wheel harder. We’re looking for what doesn’t work, and make you stop doing it. We’re going to measure to help us see what works and what doesn’t.
It sounds fabulous, doesn’t it?
If it doesn’t sound fabulous at least have a look at what you’re doing and think about what’s working for you and what’s holding you back.
You can do these things without me or you can have me help you.
- Think about your marketing and where your leads come from and which of your marketing efforts is bringing return and which of it isn’t (bearing in mind some things should take time before they work properly).
- Think about your sales – which jobs you win, which jobs you don’t.
- Think about qualifying out the sh*t ones early rather than going right through your sales process before you lose.
- Think about your time and where you spend it.
- Think about spending more of your time where it’s effective and less of your time where it’s not.
I hope you see what I mean.
Keep doing what works, stop doing what doesn’t work. Learn what does work.
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tools Down workshop.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.