Defining The Second Part Of Your Strategy
If your business has had an amazing first half year or a great quarter of results and profits- congratulations!
You may be patting yourself on the back, reflecting on how great that marketing campaign worked, or how the new product launch went so flawlessly, as you should do.
With this in mind it is important as to what you do next for the coming months in your business, as you have a few choices.
- You may rest on your results and assume all will continue to flow in as it has
- You may review or enhance the campaign with some tweaks
- You may major reviews and new strategies
The most important process to do is to use this a time to re-focus and ‘start again’. This may sound a bit strange, but consider the great results as the first set of a tennis match. You have blitzed the competition and beaten them 6-0 and have the momentum, but then there is the post set break. It is during this, and during the game itself that your competitor has been watching what you have done, seen how you did it and made plans for how they will beat you in the second set.
You need to recognise what has been a great victory for sure, but your same strategy and approach you have just used will no longer apply, you need to revise it and make it stronger to start the second set again and play better. Failing to do this may result in you losing the next set, and longer-term the game, all due to complacency.
So what are you going to do to tackle the second set and beyond?
And obviously like all sports, if you need a coach to help you with the second set strategy, then I’m sure I could recommend one!
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tools Down workshop.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.