Subscribe Now - Get them delivered to your inbox every Tuesday.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get them delivered to your inbox every Tuesday.
Its Business Makeover Time – Learn To Say No
Written by: Mariejan Bigby
It is hard to take a step back sometimes and take an objective look at your business but that is what we are asking you to do today. You need to look at your day – what happens in the business? Are you constantly reacting to what happens or are you in control and know what will happen next?
This task is a follow on from last weeks question – Do you know where to spend time in your business to make a profit? If you don’t know then you need to know – look at what brings money into the business and how much it costs you to provide that product or service.
Now answer these questions:
- I have a schedule/plan that ensures I never miss important tasks – Yes or no?
- Where do I waste or leak time?
- Is my productivity (and that of my team) awesome?
- What behaviours, habits or fears are holding me back from success?
- Do I know how to deal with overwhelm?
Most of the change involved with this process is learning to say no.
Say no to:
- the customers who are too demanding and don’t appreciate what you do
- to those interruptions that waste time and have no real outcome – i.e. they don’t bring in money or improve your business in some way
- others timelines – read your email, take phone calls and meetings when they fit into your schedule.
- The negative thoughts, fear or behaviours that hold you back.
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tools Down workshop.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.