Subscribe Now - Get them delivered to your inbox every Tuesday.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get them delivered to your inbox every Tuesday.
Picking A Business Coach
From a recent article I wrote, I hoped to give some clarity between the role of a Business Coach and a Consultant.
If you have now decided that your business needs the help and expertise of a Business Coach, here are a few points to ask or consider prior to selecting one. There are many coaches and coaching options available in the market and considering coaching is not cheap, it is important to ensure that you select carefully.
Some good starting points to consider when approaching or if approached by a Coach:
- How will you work with my company and team? I.e. what value will you add?
- What is your business experience?
- What accreditation, experience or training do you have to be a coach?
- Do you have any testimonials or referees I can find out more about you from?
- Have you had any previous work within a system of business development?
- What kind of support do you have from your coaching company and how can it help my business?
- How big is your network of support?
- What’s the track record of your results or record of business experience?
If the prospective person is ticking all the boxes in this area, then some more points to consider when looking at them as a person could include the following:
- Have they defined the difference between coaching and consultant?
- Do they ask good questions to you?
- Will they hold you accountable?
- Are they honest about how you will work together?
- Do they put you and your business needs first, or just simply being a salesman to sell you a service/ product?
- Are they someone who you can feel comfortable working with?
- Are they nice?
The relationship between you, your business and a business coach is one that should be long lasting and beneficial to you and your business and the results. It is critical that you choose carefully. Should you wish to ‘check out’ your Small Fish Business Coach, arrange a Free Coaching session with any of our coaches!
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tools Down workshop.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.