Lets Get Your Business Prepped!
Written by: Mariejan Bigby
Like any journey, preparation is key, so we’ve designed a few basic questions to prepare you for success. It’s SO important you do them – for you to understand where you are and where you want to go with your business – you have to understand what you want.
So lets get started:
- Do you have a clear written statement of why you are in business? What is the product or service offering you provide in the business and how strong is the demand for your offering?
- Do you have written goals for the next 3, 6 and 12 months? These need to be measurable e.g. number of clients, turnover and profit
- Do you know what you do that keeps you from success? Do you put others needs before your business? Or do you treat your business as a hobby? What expectations would you put on a staff member that would be doing this job for you?
- Do you know WHERE to spend time in your business to make a profit? We all get caught up in the things we like doing rather than the things we should be doing to make money. Maybe you should be out selling more?
These are difficult questions and you may need to spend time to truly answer them. It will be time
well spent though as it will help to drive your focus.
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tradie Profit Webinar.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.