Jon Survived the CEO Sleepout
I did it, I slept outside (sort of) with a group of equally self-righteous CEO types and we all felt good about the small contribution we made to the plight of people who are in such dire straits that they don’t have a place to live. We raised some money and thank you to those who donated. I raised $1785 and my friend Matt raised $20 less so, as you can imagine, I’m feeling a bit smug.
I learned a couple of interesting things and I thought I would share.
- Anyone can become homeless, even business owners. Often some disaster triggers a chain of events that ends in a shitty situation for someone. It’s often injury or a car accident.
- It could happen to any one of us – they said we are only 3 pays from it ourselves (unless you have the right insurance, of course)
- Sleeping rough isn’t much fun. Despite the common view that they are a bunch of lazy bludgers, sleeping outside in the cold is crappy and not having somewhere to go home to is horrible. I don’t think many would be doing it out of choice.
So there you go. St Vinnies help homeless people get back on their feet and that’s often all it takes to help them become functioning members of society again.
Small Fish Business Coaching Byron Bay
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tools Down workshop.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.