" /> Spending Time Doing What You Do Best | Small Fish Business Coaching

Videos - AKA Toolbox Tips

Short videos - easy to digest and searchable. Learn, enjoy, get a taste of the full program.

Subscribe Now - Get them delivered to your inbox every Tuesday.

Spending Time Doing What You Do Best


The reality is that most of us do the exact opposite. We spend 80% of our time doing unproductive and meaningless things, and by the end if the day we feel exhausted, frustrated and angry. Wasted time! Wasted effort! Wasted energy! So let me ask you: How much time you spend doing the things – or participating in activities – that are important to do? You know, those things that move you forward in your business and your life. And how much time do you spend doing “stuff” that keeps you busy, but not the important things that make you successful. “Stuff” that takes up your time, energy and resources, but doesn’t move you forward as you try to achieve your goals and live your dreams.

We’re busy, but are we productive? We’ve got much to do, but not enough time for our family, friends, or ourselves. We’re working very hard, but our business and careers aren’t moving forward like we know they should. We’ve got it backwards. We’re spending 80% of our time doing unimportant things and only 20% doing the things that have value.

Here are three things that can turn it around:

1. Spend your time doing the most important things
Every day, identify the most important things that need to be done, and do them first. Don’t put them aside until later.

2. Get better at everything you do
We’re hired to perform the skills, talents and natural abilities that we’re good at. Spend your time using those skills, talents and natural abilities. But work your tail off to get better at everything you do. The things you do well, and the things you need to get better at. We all have something that if we did it better would dramatically improve our daily performance and results. What is that one thing that you need to do better?

3. Stay Focused
Don’t allow yourself to get distracted. Start your projects while you have plenty of lead time. Give yourself more time to think. Spend 80% of your time doing the things that enrich and add value to your life. Use the remaining 20% to do the “stuff” you don’t like doing. Or better yet, see if you can delegate it to someone else, or eliminate it all together.

You’ll have more fun, less stress, and become more successful.

Nigel Hobbs

Small Fish Business Coaching Manly
www.smallfish.com.au

There are four ways you can engage with me:

1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.

2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.

3. Attend my next Tools Down workshop.

4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.

See you later.

Click here to book a
10-minute chat with Jon.