What Would You Do?
This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was used as part of a job application. You are driving along on a wild and stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people huddling on a bench, waiting for the bus:
1. An old women who looks as if she is dying.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The soul mate about whom you have always dreamt.
Your two-seater sports car allows for only one other passenger. It’s a difficult choice, but choose you must. What do you do? Think before you continue reading.
You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you could save her life.
Or, you, could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and you owe him a major favour.
However, this may be your only chance to meet your soul mate and dream lover.
Strictly because of their answer, one candidate separated himself from 199 other outstanding, completely qualified applicants, and was chosen for the job on the spot. Their response, you ask?
After several contemplative moments, they replied, “I would give the car keys to my old friend, and ask him to drive the old women to the hospital en route to his destination. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams.”
Amazing things are possible when you are able to break free from the stubbornness of our limited thinking and open our minds – along with our hearts – to all options!
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tools Down workshop.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.