Why you need to make 6 shifts
A trade business typically begins like this – you got your ticket working for someone else and you decided you wanted to work for yourself so off you went. You probably had help from your old boss along the way, that often seems to be the way it goes.
- You got work
- You got busy
- You hired someone
- You got busier
- Repeat, repeat, repeat
It’s busy! It’s not efficient.
It needs you in it all the time holding everything together.
It’s not scalable.
You may not be there yet but you’ll get full – you won’t be able to do any more:
- there’s not enough time in the day
- you haven’t got enough hands
- you’ll go mental
- or you’ll get pissed off
- or you’ll drop the ball and piss other people off
That’s why you have to make the six shifts – you need to make your business sustainable for you as it grows
You need to make those six machines so they can do their work without you having to hold everything together.
I’ll tell you what they are soon – in the next videos. I’m trying to keep them short so they aren’t boring and I want to keep you hanging onto the edge of your seat with suspense.
Like last time, if you can’t wait – press the button down there and book a ten-minute call with me and I’ll tell you what they are and we can discuss whether I can help you or not.
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tools Down workshop.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.