Teamwork and Leadership: Are you doing it?
It’s Jon here from Small Fish Business Coaching with this week’s Tradies Toolbox blog post. I’m just going to show you in the camera a little image that we posted on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.
It’s a quote by Brian Tracy about how important teamwork is and it says that, “Teamwork is so important, it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want to without becoming very good at it.”
And the reason it felt significant to me was, that I see so many of you tradies, you trade business owners, not being very good at it. I see two things going on. I see you’re trying to do everything yourself, and your first response is often to handle things yourself. And I see you neglecting to be a leader and a manager in your business and so having this kind of slightly antagonistic relationship with your team and with your boys.
So look, I’m not going to try to fix that in this 1-minute video but I think I want to say go and think about how you do those two things:
- Do you try and take too much on yourself?
- And could you be better at delegating and could you spend more time and more energy looking after your team and making them feel wanted, helping them know what you want to do and helping them have the skills and the training to do their job how you want to do it?
I want to leave you with the questions because now we doesn’t have the time for the answers.
See you later.
There are four ways you can engage with me:
1. Subscribe to these emails and get them once a week in your inbox so you never miss a video from me.
2. Join the Trades Business Toolshed Facebook Group where you can watch these videos, ask me questions or talk to your peers.
3. Attend my next Tradie Profit Webinar.
4. Book yourself a 10-minute chat with me. We’ll talk about whether coaching is right for you now and if it is, we’ll go further into the process before you have to make your mind up.
See you later.